HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Managing bucks, THIS is what I like to see!
Old 12-15-2014, 01:31 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Quite frankly, I prefer for nature to manage bucks. The ferver over antler madness will be the ruination of deer hunting. If the high fence operations in Texas where the average guy can't afford to hunt, so be it but as far as worrying how old a deer is so he may grow bigger antlers goes, I could care less. My concern is is the deer legal, and how much meat will my freezer see. So you will have to forgive me, while I do like seeing nice buck, I don't get all shivery over them and a real big doe will make me just as happy as a buck.
Antlers have nothing to do with the ruination of hunting(deer have always had antlers). Declining morals have everything to do with it.

and by the way how does shooting small bucks with a rifle = "nature managing the bucks" Seems more like letting them mature(if nature allows) is closer to letting nature manage the bucks. I don't know but it seems ass backwards to me.

This stuff never makes sense to me. It seems like if you like seeing nice bucks and you just want to fill your freezer this is exactly what you would be doing.

Last edited by rockport; 12-15-2014 at 02:07 PM.