HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Gun restriction
Thread: Gun restriction
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 08:07 PM
CalHunter
Super Moderator

Since we're getting it "3rd hand," I assumed the OP was possibly getting some garbled details and just answered his question in general terms. Even though I've worked as a cop and in government for a long time, nothing surprises me anymore. I do know that eventually mental health is going to become a much bigger issue in gun rights when people start to figure out that just about all school and public mass shootings appear to be done by mentally ill people. Sooner or later, some congressman is going to figure out that a lot more could be done to help mentally ill people and make the rest of us safer. CA seems to be a little ahead on that concept. Kentucky might be also or might not. The OP got a lot of good advice from a lot of members. If he passes it on to his friend and his friend acts upon it, the friend would be wise. If the friend ignores or blows off the wise advice, well, that choice is kind of like telling mental health people that he feels suicidal when he doesn't. Not a very smart idea.