HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Disapointed in the Iowa Fish and Game Dept.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Oldtimr
Boone & Crockett

That is a very unfortunate thing to happen to you. However, I do not know of a state that would consider refunding your money for a license if you could not or did not use the license. In fact many if not all states have in their laws that hunting license fees are not refundable, I know my state does. They could not give a refund if they wanted to. It is not the state's fault that you did not use your license, they did not sell you the license under the understanding that if you did not use the license you could get a refund, the sale was final. I sincerely hope you make a full recovery, I really do, but it is unreasonable to expect a refund on your license fee, the license was not sold upon condition of use, nor should it be, we pay our money and take our chances. If you get a drivers license and before you use it you have an acident and are not going to be able to drive for that license year, the dept of transportation is not going to refund your money.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 12-09-2014 at 12:00 PM.