HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement
Old 12-07-2014, 07:43 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I hear ya topgun. Not saying I wouldn't get mine fixed, just said I ain't shipping it to anyone. The guys I hunt with, literally between all of us have probably 30 700's. I actually just remembered I have 3, not 2. Got a 700VSSF .22-250 that I haven't shot in a good while, guess I need to do that this year.

Like I said, I'll be interested to hear how they plan to handle the fix. Seems almost like they would have to use local smiths, the FFL shipping hassle alone would be a nightmare. And shipping all those rifles is bound to open up new problems. Lost or damaged guns, etc.

OR... playing devils advocate....
they could say that we DO all have to ship them back at our own expense thru a FFL, thus basically eliminating the bulk of guns they have to fix. That would be the big company way of backdooring the issue. Hope they don't go that route.
You don't have to use an FFL at all when shipping to the OEM for recalls, repairs, or to have other work done. Not even for handguns. The firearm goes straight from the owner to the manufacturer, and straight back. No middleman at all. That's basically the ONE EXCLUSION where an FFL doesn't have to be involved at all, even for interstate shipping of firearms.