HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Massive Remington Trigger Replacement Possible In Proposed Court Settlement
Old 12-06-2014, 06:42 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Blackelk
It's really about time. People argue with you when you say you have seen these rifles misfire first hand, but I have seen it multiple times and it is a lliability for Remington. Could cause serious injuries.
Yep, and I'm sure this thread will get some Remington lovers that will come on and say "well I have had one for (plug in years here) and I've never had a problem, so it's all media hype". If people would just do a search and read up on the problem that is definitely causing misfires, they would just keep quiet and get their rifle fixed. Mike Walker, the inventor himself, stated the trigger is prone to misfire and wanted it fixed after they first started producing them back in the late 40s. The people finally won out and if even 25% of the 7.85 million on recall are returned I can see no way Remington can do the fix themselves and get the rifle back to the owner in a reasonable amount of time. I'd just bite the bullet and put an aftermarket trigger in and be done with it at my own expense if I had one.