HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Summer Sausage with Frisco's Seasoning
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2014, 11:57 PM
itsslow98
Fork Horn

Default Summer Sausage with Frisco's Seasoning

I started tinkering with processing my own sausages and jerky last year and admittedly it's been a tough road for me trying to find just the right mixtures and cooking temps etc.

I jumped in when Frisco Spices offered to send some product out to some people to try out.

I asked for the summer sausage seasoning and fibrous casings and they sent it right out. Upon unboxing I found the casings and big bag of seasoning.

What impressed me most was the instructions and how thorough they were. They were far more detailed then any store brand mixes I had purchased from Bass Pro or online. It really made things easier for me since Im a rookie at this stuff.

I followed the directions and couldn't have been happier with the flavor. I used about half of the seasoning because I just didnt have that much ground left to use the whole bag(25lbs worth).

My only complaint is that the instructions were printed on the bag which makes it easy if you use the entire contents but like myself I had a 1/2 bag left. I prefer to store the seasoning in a sealable bag so I have to keep the bag to have the instructions. A little card or even a peelable sticker with the instructions would be awesome to be able to peel off the original bag and throw on a ziploc.

I'll try to get my pictures downloaded soon. I appreciate Frisco giving me the opportunity to try it out and I will be ordering some more seasonings down the road when I can re-stock the freezer.