HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Maximum range for deer?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 07:15 PM
iayotehunter
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Yep, and that shot Lee took was damn stupid, especially to show on TV! Yep, Tyler also missed at 55! Anyway, that certainly shows they were shooting further than they should have like many of us feel too many people do with a bow or gun. It seems one member here feels that he's quite the expert on 60 yard shots at deer when he says he actually hasn't shot one at more than 20 yards! Just because you can shoot tight groups on a target doesn't mean you can do it on a living animal that may move at any second whether it's these long shots with a bow or a gun. What is happening in this day and age with all this fancy bow and gun equipment IMHO is that it's taking the hunting right out of the sport when a person feels the need to shoot an animal in the next time zone!
Never once did I say I was an expert... I just stated its ethical and reasonable for people to take those shots.. Yes I've never shot a deer over 20 yards, am I able to yes. I don't set up for long shots but when you are hunting an ag based state where you may have only a fenceline of trees and 400 acres of wide open field sometimes you can't get them in close..