HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Novice hunter seeking advice and a little direction
Old 11-30-2014, 05:42 PM
cghollowman
Spike

Taking a Hunter Safety Course once you get out there is a great way to learn and meet other hunters in your new area. Also, try and find a hunting club in reasonable distance to you and try and get a mentor. I just started whitetail bow hunting this year and my GF's dad has been my mentor...he has been hunting deer for over 30 years and let's me hunt his land and has given me the most valuable knowledge I could ever expect to get from the internet. I have spent countless hours reading online/forums/youtube/etc. but have gotten the most out of being around someone who has hunted most of his life and is willing to teach me his knowledge. The best knowledge you can get is getting one-on-one time from someone who has spent years doing it. So try and find someone in the area you will be living/hunting in and pick their brains and listen to all the advice they can give you and then get out there as much as possible and learn from your mistakes and also don't forget to enjoy the whole experience...there is nothing more stress relieving than sitting in the woods enjoying all that mother nature has to offer.