HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wasp jak-hammer
Thread: wasp jak-hammer
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2014, 12:36 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ojibwa
out of the six deer with swhackers I have had one not pass through and that deer was shot quartering to me the arrow ended up in his guts .. The only issue I ever had with muzzy was lack of a good blood trail at times..
As long as your hitting them broadside in the ribs everything should pass through and even the $10 allen broadheads from walmart would probably work just fine.

To me there is only one obstacle in a deers vitals and that is the shoulder bone so I use broadheads that are the most likely to defeat that obstacle.

The only other WELL HIT deer Ive ever had blood trail problem with was a doe that was standing awkwardly when I shot her right through both lungs but what happened is when she moved her legs back into normal position it pulled her hide over the hole in the ribs so that the hole in the ribs no longer lined up with the hole in the hide. She filled up with blood and went down within 50 yards but there wasn't any blood.

Some times the chest cavity has to fill before the blood poors out but I have just never really had any problem with simple fixed head given I hit the deer well.

Last edited by rockport; 11-28-2014 at 12:39 PM.