HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Treestand stolen mid season?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 07:07 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by uncle matt
Yeah it's gonna happen, it's too bad and it sucks and all that. This site has the posts every year. No offense to anyone, it isn't that I don't care bc I do. What I would like to read though is about some POC getting caught and whooped real good.
I posted this before but will cause your request. My "Baby" brother,6'-8", 285#, was hunting near Shawnee Forest about 4 yrs ago. Hunted the morning, was WAY BACK off the road, well over a mile for walking. Was stalking back after lunch at the truck. Came across a guy and his young teenage son walking out, packing a climber.
My brother asked how they had done as he noticed the tape on the stand. The guy said they went in on another road and got turned around and was finding their way out. My brother pointed the way out as he asked about the stand on the fathers back. The father said that it was his and they were leaving. My brother noticed the kid backing away and to the side at this getting nervous
My brother told the guy that he was positive that the stand was his and he could prove it. His initials and last 4 of his SS were on it. The old man began to raise the barrel of his weapon as he began to get agitated about the situation. My brother told him to put the weapon down or there will be some VERY bad outcomings of this and for his son to witness. The old man complied and lowered his weapon as my brother told him to clear the weapon as well. He did. He then told him to take the climber off and go on about his way and if he wanted proof the stand was his he told him were the initials were to look at as he took it off. The old man at this time told my brother that he "Found" it laying on the ground and thought someone dropped it and would not find it back!!!! My brother told him he left the stand on the tree and he knew it. The kid was about to pizzz his pants about now. He told the kid to clear his weapon just in case as well. The old man made a comment that if my brother didn't have his gun he would show him what he was made of. My brother just looked at him and laughed. He told him that coming from a true thief and infront of his kid to boot really shows who is truly made of what and that he was sorry for his kid to grow up with such a POS for a father example. He collected his stand and made them leave as he watched. Then went the wide around to his truck as he called the CPO's. They found them later but to no avail, they denied all and nothing could/was done. My brother has never gone back to that area again. Packs stand in and out all the time now.

Last edited by SecondChance; 12-07-2014 at 05:24 PM.