HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's a reasonably priced camera
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 06:36 AM
littlearrow
Nontypical Buck

I have one SpyPoint BF7 which is a total black flash. I have walked by it , up close at night. There is absolutely no light detected by the human eye. I did not do the following on purpose but his is what happened. Another camera in the area happened to face toward the black flash. When an animal walked by the black flash, the other camera took a picture when the black flash triggered. The black flash viewed from the other camera showed up like a white flash.
The SpyPoint BF7 takes excellent daytime pictures or video depending on which it is set for. At night, it reaches out a good distance detecting movement, but one is unable to view what the camera detected unless whatever caused the movement, comes in close to the camera. For this to happen, the camera has to be set on video, not picture. I contacted SpyPoint, where they suggested to turn the sensitivity down. This I did, but whatever is detected still has to come closer to the camera for proper viewing or identification. This is due to the camera being a black flash (using a black lens) there by cutting down visibility. This camera was in the approximately $300.00 range. I use mine for wildlife and security, but I will not buy another black flash for the reason if it detected some problem, and that problem did not come closer to the camera, then the camera is virtually useless in that scenario.
Another site to check is: http://www.trailcampro.com for reviews. Good luck.