HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New and frustrated hunter in Illinois
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2014, 01:40 AM
MUZZY 100
Fork Horn

Where did you try and draw ? desplains, medeiwin, starved rock ? I believe they still do stand buys at desplains and their is no tag needed as they will give you one, call them and ask? Very hard to get in on private land ,try and think about a lease for next season? We own land in schuyler county but also lease a 150 more acres so I can have more friends down hunting and not burn out my place. Not cheap but would give you and your boy a private place to hunt. Their are smaller places that come up for lease that wont break the bank. Do you bow hunt or just interested in gun ? There are a few places close that allow bow hunting silver springs, Shabbona etc. If the budget allows the lease sounds like your best bet. I can give you places to look for a lease if that's something that sound good? Its hard to get people to help with hunting as people are scared to loose there spots etc...I will give you any local advise you need as I live in Montgomery..