HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Weight or volume measure?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 04:32 PM
BarnesAddict
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'd be using a .270 for long shots.

Have you ever been real careful with a volume measure, and checked to see how close they were to each other on a scale? I have, and they were close enough to not matter. Especially, for hunting.
Competition target shooting would be different. Shooting a 1/2" group would be better than a 3/4" group. It sure wouldn't matter for hunting.
If you take long shots. Why do you assume everybody does? If I say measuring by volume gives me consistent groups. I mean at my distance, because that what I do. Stop puffing out your chest, because you do something different.
See, there's a difference between you and I. I don't care about centerfire rifles. I'd rather do it with a muzz. And yes, I've been real careful with a volume measure and then used a scale. It saved my rear end doing that, when one volume measure measured 30grs heavier than it should have. In other words, I would have thought I was shooting 150grs, but in reality I'd have been shooting 180grs.

Muley, nobody's puffing out their chest. What's so hard to understand, that many people are NOT doing what you do "at my distance". If you're not striving to do better tomorrow than you did today, then that's "your normal", just don't try to make it everyone elses. Shooters are taking muzzleloaders to levels way above your head and also mine. So just because you're shooting consistent groups at your distance, doesn't mean that others can't have a different distance. If you're satisfied with RW "point blank range" with your muzz, that's outstanding and I'm certainly very happy for you. But....... remember there are different shooters, striving for many different things than what satisfies just you.