HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where to start?
Thread: Where to start?
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 05:59 AM
Jrichard6817
Spike

First of all i want to thank you for taking the time to explain that to me. I have taken the archery hunters safety course. and they taught us all about the still hunting, hunting from a stand, and blind. i just figured staying on the ground and tracking with the still method would just get me more comfortable with recognizing the tracks, rubs, bedding areas, feeding areas, and all that. i wasnt really expecting to get anything. i never cross trails. i usually make my way with the wind in my face along side the trails. im totally new at this so i figure even if it takes me all year to get aquainted with the signs of deer, its still a win. but now that i know the tricks to what im doing im going to use the methods you have shared. i live near a lot of large boulders. i have gone out a few times and used them as a natural blind. i clear the leaves from the ground where i am going to be moving back and forth behind so i dont make any extra noise. i just didnt know if there were any little tricks like you had shared above. I really appreciate it. i know how annoying it can be to deal with a "newb" so to speak. so i really do appreciate your time and efforts.