HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - doe not recovered, when can I hunt again?
Old 11-09-2014, 05:17 PM
mathewhunter2014
Spike

Default doe not recovered, when can I hunt again?

I went hunting today and shot a doe at about 25 yards from my stand and hit it. I must have hit it on its underbelly because I saw white fur on my arrow and surrounding it.

What I saw was it ran about 50 yards away and started to slow down and stopped. I then waited 30 minutes and then went to my car to grab my tools, thinking that it was down. I still started to track it and me and my cousin tracked it probably about through 20 acres till we came to a creek where it had to have crossed because that is where the blood stopped.

There was a huge blood spot, probably about 3 feet in diameter, that was where I seen it stop at. I know it lost a lot of blood and it is probably badly wounded and I feel bad for leaving, but we searched the area where we last saw that spot at for several hours with no luck.

My question is stated in the title. When can I go back there and hunt again. I am not going to lie, we tried to talk lightly, but we possibly made a decent amount of noise treading through the brush. I was wondering if that was bad? I plan on going back there this next Saturday where it is firearms opening day. My cousin hunts a shotgun, I hunt with a crossbow. Is this ok?

Thanks for all the help.
By the way, this is my first year, and that was the first deer I have ever shot at.