HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deep Curl fragmented!
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 02:48 AM
7.62NATO
Nontypical Buck

Default Deep Curl fragmented!

Don't worry, the buck dropped on the spot but still, I've never seen this happen with a DC. An 8-pt ran through and came to a dead stop 15 yards in front of me. My scope was set on 9x since I was monitoring this creek bottom where deer usually cross about 60 yards from my perch. It happened so fast I didn't have time to adjust my scope (which sucked!) but I put it about 3 inches behind the shoulder and fired. All I could see was the body at the time since I was so zoomed in.

He was not huge but decent. I went to recover him, and of course, massive entrance wound. When I flipped him over, I could not find an exit. I dragged him to where I would dress him and found a pinky-sized exit. Upon dressing, only one lung was destroyed (weird given the shot angle, fully broadside). No bullet in the vitals.

When I skinned him, no bullet. When I butchered him I found fragments of the bullet in the shoulder blade and other various spots.

Never seen a DC do this before, always clean in and out. Still, it did it's job. No tracking required!