HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bad News!!! I fell from my tree stand.
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 10:14 AM
ManofTheFall
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad News!!! I fell from my tree stand.

Guys, I have some bad news. Last night the stand I went to has been in the tree for like 18 years. It has been one of my best spots ever. This summer I had contemplated changing it but I never got around to it. I climbed up into the stand, 22 feet, and tested it. It seemed ok. I started to adjust the seat a little bit and the platform snapped. Needless to say I went straight down 22 feet and landed on my right hip and right shoulder. They aren't broke, but I am in extreme pain and can hardly move. I do have a fractured sacrum, (tail bone). I may not be able to hunt for a couple weeks. This really sucks cause it was the first day of my three week vacation and it's in prime time. Believe me, I will do everything in my power to get back out as soon as possible. In the mean time I hope you all have SAFE hunts and successful ones. I will keep you all updated on my situation and will be monitoring the success of everyone else. Good luck!!!!! Shoot a big one for me.