HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Binoculars
Thread: Binoculars
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 01:53 PM
JohnnyHildo
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by finnbear
have you been smoking crack?? the heavy part I can understand, the to powerful part especially talking about 10power I don't understand!!!! You can never have to powerful binoculars, power of magnification comes in real handy when trying to judge trophy or in my case looking for that elusive third point on a mule deer or making sure that spike bull reall is a spike!!!!! and that my friend is where the power comes in handy!!!
Get a pair of 12X22s or something but you will be disappointing!!! POWER and light gathering ability is what you look for!!! As long as you can hold them steady they ain't to powerful!!!!!!!
i would have to say i disagree with this comment.
while its great to be able to see each individual strand of hair on a deer it isn't practical for anything other than a person sitting in place all day. the higher the magnification the harder it's going to be to stabilize the object being magnified. if you want long range magnification your further ahead to use a spotting scope. binoculars to me are a device to be used up to 500 yards.