HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Newbie question regarding land to hunt on
Old 10-26-2014, 11:45 AM
pg62194
Spike

Question Newbie question regarding land to hunt on

Hi, so I am a new hunter. Never gotten anything, and have only been out a handful of times. None of my family hunts, so I never have had a mentor, just figuring stuff out on my own. I got my license a couple years back, and I have only been to some state land near my parents house. I haven't hunted much due to being busy, but I would like to do more so in the future. Currently, I am a sophomore year university student, and I do not have any idea where I should hunt. There is plenty of land where I go to school, but how do I tell the difference between public land I can hunt and private land? And if it is private land, how do I go about trying to get access to it, if I don't know who the landowner is? Also, is it normal for someone to go to national forest land and hunt/camp out for a weekend or so alone? I go to school in Idaho, if that gives you an idea of just how much land I have around me, I just don't know how to make it accessible for me to hunt. So if you could answer a question or two, that would really help me out.

Last edited by pg62194; 10-26-2014 at 01:01 PM.