HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got my first buck with stealth ss
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 08:58 PM
bravo2
Spike

Third hunt third deer but I lost it, a doe yesterday and know I hit her good took me a while to find blood trail and could here her not far away. 15-20 yrd shot from ladder stand. I first saw doe to my left about 15 yrds. She spooked off looking at me. A doe came back 10 minutes later from opposite side. Thinking same deer not certain. I shot her at 15-20 yrds. The bolt showed I hit her by hairs and smell but no blood like when I shot the buck. I know It was a pass through. I went picked up a the blood trail over 50 yrds out. First 20 yrds or so I found nothing. I tracked the deer 3/4 mile or a mile I sure. I figured early on I may be pushing her as pools of blood then drips and so on thought the tracking. She bleed good then barely drops at times a ways then pools again. I almost could not stay on the trail but we tracked her through a creek and she doubled back by us back over the creek and lost trail right about where she came in at crossing the same road. We kept hearing her ahead but could not catch up to her so I know we lost her 20 yrds or so from the road and think she went out to road where she came in at. I could not believe she did not bleed out. Spent three hrs and I just gave up in the dark at that point when we where right back to same trail. I hated loosing a deer and not finding it but we tracked good and hard and had fresh blood the whole way so I know we kept pushing her till we finally lost her. I bet she was not 15-25 yrds away for longest.
I'm trying another broadheads as this one I had two broken blades. I'm not doing this again if I can keep from it. Two deers I had to track the other had no blood trail for 100 yrds that I could not find on the spike. The 6 point buck blood trail was like this one and he dropped 30 yrds.
What you all recommend. Havoc, swackers, toxic, or ramcats? I'm not going to use rage as not interested in them to many neg reviews even though good ones. The ones from what it's called craft looks good also.