HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Barnett BCXultralight. WOW!
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 10:52 PM
HatchieLuvr
Typical Buck

I know Barnetts aren't a TenPoint. I have an 11yr old TP Titan TL-4 that has been flawless but it's a little slow & heavy & imho buying these Barnetts at "1/2 price" makes them an "acceptable value". I read ALOT of negative posts about Barnett but between the Jackal I bought earlier this year & now this BCX of my buds, I can't say that I've had any problems. I THOROUGHLY lubed the bow, use better than supplied rail lube & EVERY square inch of string & cables is wet with wax. I keep everything snugged up with Allen wrenches & keep the servings tight. So far so good. I think alot of problems are operator error.

There's certainly no "maintenance free" xbows but obviously a "tank like" design like my Titan is better for a neglectful owner than essentially any of the Barnetts. I suspect same could be said for the majority of other xbows out there as well. My fugly ol, ancient 1980 K10 Chevy farm truck will still likely be sloggin swamps in another 30yrs while the computerized, plastic Toyotas of today will have already laid down. After seeing the benefits of the considerable difference in speed & distance abilities between my buds BCX & my ol TenPoint I have told him I might bite the bullet & get a new TP Stealth by next season! But I seriously doubt I'll be finding one 1/2 off on the bargain shelf!