HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - ** Update/ MONSTER Nebraska Buck w/ PIC **
Old 11-13-2003, 07:25 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default ** Update/ MONSTER Nebraska Buck w/ PIC **

Hey guys,
A few weeks ago I posted the story of a HUGE Nebraska buck that Jeff Moody a buddy of Jerry Sanford' s @ Stealth Archery killed (Jerry goes by " Stealthman" here). This is such a special deer that I wanted to give you all an update of this buck with a new picture........turns out that this buck gross scores 235 3/8" and nets 225 3/8" making it the #2 all time Non-Typical for the state of Nebraska! (Too bad Ol' Jeff didn' t get in the Moderator' s Cup!)
Jeff had been hunting this particular deer for 2 seasons before tagging him.
Man what a deer! I thought you guys might like a better look at him.

I had the pleasure of hunting with Jerry last week myself near the same area that this buck was taken........man are there some " big A" deer out there![] I couldn' t quite put it together, and the weather was a treat at times, but I had some close encounters with 2 bucks of my dreams!
(Wish I could have held the rack from Jeff' s deer but it was at the taxidermist!)
Jerry and I have become good friends over the last few years through my testing of his products, and now we are simply hunting buddies........so I guess I am now no longer " Impartial" when it comes to his " Stealth" stabilizers, but just remember when you hear me praising them that the stabilizers and a butt-load of testing came before the friendship!
(If I don' t get invited back I wonder if SIMS has an opening on their " Pro-Staff" ?[&:])

" If you don' t want to shoot a Typical Buck.........don' t shoot a Typical Stabilizer!"
Sounds like a good slogan huh Jer?