HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 06:57 AM
On_Point
Typical Buck

I spent the weekend in the deer woods & boy was it awesome. Saturday evening sitting on the edge of a fresh cut corn field I watch 10+ good up n comer bucks sparring for over an hour. I waited patiently for Tallboy to come join them & right at last light I saw him walk out 150 yrds across the field. I ended up sitting in that stand till around 9pm when they finally made their way to an adjacent field just so I didn't spook them getting down. Sunday afternoon I got in a stand on the side of the field I had seen all the deer filter out of, which is roughly 50 yards inside the timber, in hopes to catch Tallboy staging before dark. I got to the stand right at 4pm, & 20 minutes later Tallboy walked right through at 25 yards. He milled around me for about 20 minutes but I never did get a shot on him. I watched him make 2 scrapes just inside the timber so Im pretty sure if I stay tight to that area Ill be able to arrow him in the coming weeks. I didn't see a single doe this weekend, but the bucks are starting to get aggressive with each other. The next 4 weeks are gonna be awesome in the deer woods, good luck everyone.