HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First deer
Thread: First deer
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 02:02 PM
TexasDeerPopper
Spike

First post for me! Anyway, it was opening day down here in tx in 2008. I was 11. I was after a big 8 pt, a small 8 pt and a 7 pt. we got in the stand well before daylight and the temp on the mirror in truck said 25. The wind was blowing right through the back window so my dad kept that closed. Right when you could see about 50 yrds, my dad says "git yer gun, that seven points standin right behind us". So as he raises the window, it pops real loud. Deer was gone. So we got done and I'm mad at my dad for not opening the window when we got there. Wet to camp ate breakfast and lunch, take a nap and my dad wakes me up for the evening hunt. Well I tell him i didnt want to go but he talked me into it. We sat there all after noon not seeing a thing with about 15 minutes left of daylight and I'm telling my dad what a waste of time it was. He smiled and shrugged his shoulders, just as fast as he smiled, it was gone that quick and he says "that little 8 points walkin out, I'll get your gun you come over to my window". So I did, got the gun to my shoulder, looked through the scope, that 90 inch 8 pt looks like a 190 inch 8 point. Well I get ready put the crosshairs on him and let the 30-30 bark. Dropped him. Well I'm jumping up and down and all excited when I see him trying to get up I put two more rounds in him to seal the deal. Needless to say as I said it was a waste of time, ill take the words from brad paisley and say it was time well wasted