HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why I hunt
Thread: Why I hunt
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 05:24 AM
sachiko
Little Doe Peep

Wink

I hunt because I really enjoy it. Killing an animal to take home and eat is an important part of it. But that doesn't always happen. It's still fun.

For our first sort of "date," I went over to his house to hang out and he said he was going to the shooting range. I asked if I could come along. He brought a single shot .22 and started teaching me to shoot and one thing led to another.

He bought me a bow at a yard sale and sent me to a hunter safety course. I got my first deer with a bow that same Fall and I was hooked. I now have a muzzleloader and a couple other guns cut down to my size. I've been eating meat all my life so I have no problem eating wild meat.

The only thing that bothers me about the sport is going out to the shooting range and seeing all the men there without their kids. Our oldest daughter, she'll be seven this month has been going hunting with us for the past two seasons now. Our youngest, she'll be five in April, will go out with us next season. Both of them are learning to shoot with that single shot ,22. Those kiddy bows you can buy cheap are great for learning. But you have to have real arrows made.