HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Back2Back Champs - TEAM PASS THRU
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 08:43 AM
RisnerPSE
Fork Horn

Ok Heres the story.
I hurried home after work to eat and get ready. Climbed in the tree about 5:45 and it was a great evening, well atleast to my standards. Temperature was upper 50's low 60's which I i was hoping would get the deer moving since it was 80's that last few days. Had a nice breeze coming from the north. Wasn't in the stand long when a couple fawns come hopping thru the corn. The fawns played around in front of me for a few minutes and i knew momma had to be close. I was keeping my eye on them and i looked up and momma was at 20 yards. She just appeared out of nowhere. She was trying to get thru my opening quick so i came to full draw gave her a mouth bleat and let it fly at 25 yards. Put it right on the money. It was one of those shots you can tell by the sound that she wasnt going far. She did make it about 100 yards in the middle of a standing corn field. If you have had this happen you know how much fun it isnt. lol I'm happy to get one on the ground and relieve the pressure. Now its time to put my sights on a nice buck but i may do a little crappie and saugeye fishing during the lull.
Hopfully i can get the scale on her tonight because i think she is the biggest doe i have ever taken.

Achieve Fun.