HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question
Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 10:04 AM
HatchieLuvr
Typical Buck

Bowhunting is you & the game! Screw what someone else thinks. It's funny, here in TN crossbows have been legal now for 11yrs. Before that about the only state around us that allowed them was AR. (I think TN might've had a medical exception for crossbows if a doctor gave you an exemption) I worked in the hunting/fishing retail biz in west TN from the mid 80s until 2006. ALOT of guys used to laugh at & bad mouth crossbow hunters, they call them whimps etc... (Honestly there were very few guys around that had them) Yet when 2003 rolled around & crossbows were legalized, man they couldn't get their hands on one fast enough!

I agree that I'd feel much more sure of a 50-60yd kill with my Switchback XT than either of my crossbows. But I won't shoot that far with EITHER weapon! I just enjoy using crossbows. My youngest son turned 14 in May & wanted a compound to begin bow hunting with this fall. So I bought him a Diamond Infinite Edge. He enjoys shooting it & I practice with my crossbow right alongside him.

If you are legal then YOU enjoy hunting! If they have issue then they aren't much of a person anyway.