HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let's see pics of your hunting blinds!
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 01:25 PM
Dampland
Fork Horn

Here is my main rifle season deer blind. It was nicknamed the "Eiffel Tower", by my hunting partners.

The metal tower is 18' at the top of the stairs, and the box blind is 6' x 6' with 7' tall internal height sloping down to 6'6".

First couple photos are from right after we built it.

" />

( I now have camoflauged the window trim since these photos were taken, but only have this recent picture.)

The next couple photos show what it looks like from my trail cameras.

Last few photos show the view from the stand.

To the North East

East view

South East view

South View

West View

I now have a solar panel on this stand, to power my cell phone, portable TV (for the football games), and laptop. (I check my trail camera cards when I go for a quick walk around lunchtime.)
I also have a big buddy propane heater, and a propane camping oven/stove inside.
My brother and bro-n-law usually walk over to join me for lunch during the season (they love a hot meal) And the older guys (70's) and the youngsters love sitting in my stand when I'm not in it. Allows them to sit longer than normal.

Last season, I hunted all 9 days of the gun season from it, with 5 of those days being dusk to dawn. It is really comfortable, and I plan on hunting it the rest of my life.

Last edited by Dampland; 10-27-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: had to redo picture links