HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need some help guys!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Clint07
Spike

Default Need some help guys!!!!

Ok I have this plot I made last year next to a river. It is not bad sandy or clay but yet not the best soil I didn't send off a sample but tested it with 2 diff meters and come up with 6.0 ph and it's kinda hard to get to it in a cut over that was planted in hardwoods 4 years ago. Well last year the field was descent with brassicas and wheat but the deer mowed it down and I reseeded with rye in November. And I put 100 lbs of triple 13 on it last year well this year I planted the same thing but I used delta ag seed coat I broadcasted 800 lbs of fast acting ag lime and a 100 lbs of triple 13 and I planted right before a good rain but 7 days later nothing but a little wheat come up. Well I waited 10 more days and still nothing so I overseeded with rye right before a rain and now 7 days later still nothing but bare dirt. I'm in northern ms so our temps are high and haven't had a whole lot of rain but the rains we've had have been good. But I'm wondering if I should disk it back up and plant again since our temps are getting cooler. Any suggestions or answers would be appreciated!!!