HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carbon Express, Interceptor Axon??
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 05:49 AM
rafsob
Nontypical Buck

Talking Carbon Express, Interceptor Axon??

Has anyone had any experience with this xbow? I bought one and like the bow, but had a problem with sighting it in. I couldn't get the arrows to group! I had four arrows actually completely miss my cube after they were hitting it during my session. This was happening at the 20, 30, and 40 yard distances. I was using the arrows that came with the kit I bought.

I got so disgusted that I was going to quit and go home. I remembered that I had a box of Horton arrows from my other bow. Now these arrows were a little heavier then the Carbon Express arrows. When I shot the Horton arrows I was killing the bull at all distances. This made me happy and now I know I'm ready for the woods. but I got to thinking that this should not have happened.

Am I using too light a broad head with the Carbon Express arrows? I shoot 100 gr. 3 blade Muzzy broad heads. Should I be using a 125 or 150 gr BH with these arrows? When I used the 100 gr. BH with the Horton arrows the xbow was dead on. I'm confused. the Carbon Express arrows a good arrows and should perform well. Am I doing something wrong? Help!!!