HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 3 Thread "The Team"
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 05:37 AM
b0huntr147
Spike

Originally Posted by gamsmith
Boy my season just got interesting. Had a guy buy about a third of the land I hunt. While I hunt it for free I can't really complain. However he is now acting like he owns the whole woods. There's an old county road that has been closed for years that cuts right through the woods. For years I've maintained the road and kept it from growing up. He owns all property on one side of the road, but is acting like he owns the road. Closed it off where I can't get in and has stands set all along the edge of the road. Needless to say I'm afraid there are going to be some run ins along the way this year. Also the 200ac I hunted had no pressure before other than me and one other guy who were very careful and only took mature bucks. Now there are about 10 people hunting his side and shooting everything in sight.
That's an unfortunate turn in events, hopefully things will still work out for you this year. I had a similar thing happen to me a couple years ago, my parents owned 10 ac but I was able to hunt the 80 ac behind the house too. Well a guy came in and bought a 10 ac piece of the 80 the landlocked me from getting to the remaining 70. This guy also planted a bunch of trees around his piece making a little fence of sort to block his 10 ac piece in.