HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MN bow buck down!!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 07:21 PM
deernutz
Nontypical Buck

Default MN bow buck down!!

Well my opening day was a pretty sweet morning to be in a stand. With the temps in the low 30's and frost on the ground made it feel like a late Oct hunt. The night before I did my normal hunting gear check list and washing of my cloths. When I arrived to the hunting spot I dressed and made the 400yd trek in the dark. The moon was out so I elected not to use my flash light. I did spoke two deer but it's almost impossible not to with this piece of property. I climbed in my stand and settled in. The sun began to rise and melt the frost creating a silver haze in the timber.

I was pretty quiet until about 730 when I spotted a doe, small 8, and a spike. They pushed each other around a little bit then moved out of sight. About that time I heard the brush moving 100 yds to my left. It was one of the bucks I had gottten cam photos of in Aug. I grabbed my bow and drew when he was behind a tree and when he stepped out I settled my pin and touched off my arrow . It flew true and the deer whirled and was dead within 35 yds. I had sent my gold tip through his heart. It was a perfect hunt. Probably one of my most memorable. I wish everyone the same success I have had. Good Luck!!!
Attached Images   

Last edited by deernutz; 09-16-2014 at 07:29 PM.