HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - blackhorn powder and knight bighorn??
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 06:08 PM
buckfever37
Spike

Default blackhorn powder and knight bighorn??

Hey my name is Tim and I just joined this forum. I live in central Iowa. I frequent qdma forum under the same user name.

Well I made the switch to blackhorn powder this summer. I shot yesterday and my first 10 shots were all over but still size of a paper plate at 100 yards. I would put one in bulleyes and then next high to the left. I started with a 100 grains in volume worked down to 95. I think I was rushing since guys were waiting to use the range. I'm using cci magnum primers and hornady sst 250 grain low drag sabot. Well those guys left and I had the range to myself. So i started with new target and 90 grains. I messed around with 95 and 93 grains. Those last 7 shots were tighter. But nothing like how my daughters cva wolf shoots. The one thing i forgot to do last cleaning was use a drill bit and torch tip tool to clean out breech plug. The one thing i did was still grease the breech plug. I read with the gun heating up that can effect the powder? Looking for any loads or tips? Thanks