HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stabilizers on my hunting bow: Am I missing something?
Old 09-15-2014, 05:23 PM
temphank
Spike

Talking

Well, whether or not it rocks back during or after is the big question that I had. The degree of rock is similar to the forward rock of a competitive bow shooter that has a long stabilizer. I wish I owned a high speed camera to settle that issue once and for all.

I was concerned that although my accuracy was decent ( i think ) that maybe the rock back was influencing the arrow just enough to where a good stabilizer would improve accuracy even more. Who doesn't want a little more? Based on this experiment with the Bee Stinger I would say that the rock back must be happening after the arrow has cleared the rest and therefore the rock back isn't harming anything.

I think I have a proper grip, riser in the V / lifeline area, loose fingers open or slightly closed but not gripping, with proper follow through.

By decent accuracy I mean 2 inch groups at 20 yards and 4 to 5 inch groups at 40 yards. I am primarily a Bow Hunter and that accuracy will probably work for that but like I said, who doesn't want a little more

Last edited by temphank; 09-15-2014 at 05:32 PM.