HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sunday hunting in Wes Virginia
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2014, 02:21 PM
hillbillyhunter1
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bbj270
They had Sunday hunting in hardy county wv for one season then, the same people voted it back out. It was on private land and only certain Sundays. Some county's in wv still have Sunday hunting.
Not quite accurate....back then governor bob wise unilaterally (good job) lifted the ban on Sunday hunting statewide......however all these dimwits.....county by county passed referendums at the ballot box to restrict Sunday hunting in each particular county in wv....from what I understand every time that the referendum to end Sunday hunting appeared on a county ballot....it passed.....ending a very temporary opportunity for hunters in that county. The few counties that still allow Sunday hunting have never placed it on the ballot at all. Thankfully I get to hunt some in Jefferson county where it's still legal.

Where are you in hardy county there bbj?? I'm from Moorefield and still hunt there some.....I wouldn't be past hunting there on Sunday too if it was behind a locked gate....to heck with the voters on that crumby deal.