HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stabilizers on my hunting bow: Am I missing something?
Old 09-15-2014, 04:46 AM
temphank
Spike

Question Stabilizers on my hunting bow: Am I missing something?

This post is mostly to provide a review of my experience with a new stabilizer and ask if I am missing something essential about stabilizers. I would appreciate anyone with more knowledge chiming in with any input.

I have an entry level 60 lb Bear Encounter bow. I love it. Maybe it could be a little more quiet and a little faster, but I love it. Anyway I took the short Trophy Ridge stabilizer that it came with off and it made no difference in my group size.

Because my bow rocks backward, yes backward, quite a bit when I shoot, I thought I should try and correct this. I bought and installed a large 10 inch Bee Stinger and tried every weight combination up to all of the weights.

It almost eliminated the backward rock of the bow. However my group size actually increased by about an inch at 40 yards.

The "pin" did float a little less with the heavy Bee Stinger but not enough be worth all that weight. Also, my bow felt wrong with it installed. Although that was probably just due to me not being used to it.