HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Back in time a bit in the Rock Pit
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 05:05 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by cayugad
I bet that was fun. We had frost this morning and they said 28šs tonight. I believe it, its cold here. And it rained again this afternoon. Its been a real wet summer and short!

I like the .451 I have. Mine is a model 97 Whitetail Hunter. I have never shot a conical out of it. I shot some conicals Ed sent me the week before last out of it. And I can't even describe how boring it was shooting them. They just kept punching the same hole shooting 80 grains of T-7 2f and that large lead. At 75 yards I shot a 2 inch group with my White. I decided a deer would not stand a chance with that squirrel rifle.

Your rifle looks like my Bison other then the fact my Bison does not have a stainless steel barrel.
Well, that is kinda the way I felt shooting today... there was zero problem hitting anything I aimed at but then again I really needed to have a good day just for my attitude. So probably the Whitetail was a good choice...

I think the Whitetail and the Bison are about the same rifle - I looked on Doc's site and got this information...

THIS WHITE BISON WAS BASED ON THE G-SERIES ACTION, SAME AS IN THE WHITETAIL, AND WAS PROBABLY THE MOST STABLE RIFLE THAT WHITE EVER PRODUCED. FEW OF THEM EVER COME BACK, PROBABLY BECAUSE OF THE STRAIGHT BULL BARREL. THEY ARE ALMOST ALWAYS SUPER ACCURATE. ODDLY, THEY WERE THE NEXT TO CHEAPEST RIFLE PRODUCED (the White-Lightning was the least expensive), AND WERE A REAL VALUE FOR THE MONEY. FEATURES ARE SIMILAR TO THE WHITE WHITETAIL EXCEPT FOR THE HEAVIER BARREL AND DOVETAILED SIGHTS. THE REAR SIGHT IS A WILLIAMS ADJUSTABLE, THE FRONT IS A BRASS BEAD. THERE AREN'T MANY AROUND AND WHITE MUZZLELOADING SEES ONLY A FEW.