HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I need advice on broadheads
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2014, 05:43 PM
cjclemens
Fork Horn

First thing first, if you've been happy with what you've been using so far, why switch? When it comes to new broadheads, there are a lot of good options out there to choose from. The best choice really depends on your setup and how you hunt. If you're using a newer bow with plenty of KE, you can use just about any broadhead you want, including those big mechanicals. If you're shooting an older bow or lower poundage, you'd be better off with a smaller mechanical or fixed head. If you hunt from a blind and plan to use the shoot-through mesh, a fixed head is the way to go. As you probably know, you need to have your bow well tuned. Other than that, it comes down to personal preference. When it comes to mechanicals, I really like Grim Reapers. They're well designed and pretty tough. Not to mention, they have a lot of options in terms of cutting diameter. For fixed broadheads, I've been using Magnus Stingers. They're tough, sharp and come with a no-questions-asked lifetime guarantee. I actually just got a pack of Dirtnap DRT's to test out, too.