HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fact or Fiction? Scentblocking question
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 01:52 PM
rockport
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Maybe, but you did admit you kill deer without camo. So, is it necessary?

I'm not saying camo doesn't work. Anything that breaks up your outline will help. I wear plaid wool, but I have to cover it with a big solid blaze orange vest and wear a hat too. Not exactly camo. It has never handicapped me from getting close. As long as you don't move when they're looking at you. You could be wearing a clown suit.

I'm not in a blind. I'm standing right out in the open sometimes, and can still fool them. They're looking for movement. It's not like they can't see you if you wear camo.

Camo was invented for the military to fool other humans. It works well for that.

Don't get scented, and don't move when they're looking at you. That will get you all the critters you want, and you don't need to try and look invisible.

As for the wafers. I really don't know if they work. It might be nice if there was an independent test to see if they do, or any of the other scent products.
Camo is absolutely not necessary but it does work as to where cover scent is not necessary nor does it work. That is the difference.

Its crazy the things people can be convinced to believe. Actual real woods,dirt,trees,leaves,acorns etc won't cover your scent but oh boy if you pin a little black wafer that smells like dirt on your shirt your good to go. I mean just take a second to actually think about that concept .

The unfortunate part is people will never learn the things that really matter because they are to busy being distracted by stuff that doesn't work. Then half of the time once they finally figure it out it goes from there to all you can do is hunt the wind which is about just as crazy.