HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - AR aftermarket triggers
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 05:56 AM
Nomercy448
Nontypical Buck

For a super simple solution, it's pretty easy to have someone install a trigger for you, for relatively cheap.

I'm not really sure what constitutes difficult or simple in terms of AR triggers. None are really that difficult to assemble or tune.

Bill Springfield will rework your factory trigger, which is likely the 2nd cheapest option.

JP 3.5lb spring kit will help a lot with a standard/mil-spec trigger, and the shipping from midway almost costs more than the spring kit itself.

The Timney AR trigger is a fine trigger, not one of my favorites, I traded it back to Midway for a JP Competition 1stage .

My favorite trigger is the Geissele Match 2 stage, but they're pretty proud of them. I have a couple of them, but it's hard to justify the price in anything but a bench gun. It's the closest thing to a Jewel 700 trigger that I've felt in an AR.

RRA NM 2 stage, Geissele SSA-E 2stage, and Bushmaster Match 2 stage are my "hunting triggers" since they run a bit cheaper. I've been very happy with the Bushmasters, but branched out when they dried up temporarily a couple years ago, got a steal on the RRA, and bought the SSA from a fellow bench rider that was upgrading his G3 to the G Match - which meant I could upgrade my hunting rifle to that SSA-E.

Last edited by Nomercy448; 09-06-2014 at 05:59 AM.