HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Run Down?
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Robbi
Spike

Default Looking for Run Down?

I recently returned from a very run down camp in Northwest Ontario. Oh, the bear hunting was not good either. Let me start with the cabin: In July, we were up there in the area and stopped in to see the place; we were told I would be staying in Cabin 2; got to have a look at it...old, but tolerable. Get up there 2 weeks ago for the hunt and was put in Cabin 3: floors slanted not just 1 direction but 2. Toilet with a front end "retreat" which is fine, but when the whole works slants backwards it is kind of hard to have your 'business go down the drain. Had walls that were pulling apart and could see light to the outside. Hot water didn't work half the time. For the most part, the roof didn't leak when it rained, but, when it did, the water ran right on top of the circuit breaker. "Pre baited bear baits" appeared to be an area that they had poured used fryer grease and dog food on the ground 1 or 2 days before we got there. I have 5 active baits here in Wisconsin (my daughter has a tag but I do not) and really, I could have taught these guys a thing or two about baits. The boats and other equipment were also old and needed updates....don't get me wrong, I am certain that in the 1970s, 80s and probably early 1990s, this place was probably a booming enterprise, but, it is no longer anything to get excited about. This place needs a serious makeover....do they have a show for Hunting/Fishing Resort Makeovers? If they do, I will nominate them. Lesson learned: You get what you pay for....spend the extra 2 or 3 hundred folks and go to someplace you will be happy with...I will NEXT TIME!