HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are there any whitetails in Colorado?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2002, 06:07 PM
WV Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Are there any whitetails in Colorado?

OK, I kinda understand the preference point thing. But are you telling me that a RESIDENT of CO could possibly not get a license to hunt in CO? Is it the same way for Elk and other big game too? What about if you are a land owner? I'm just curious about all this because some friends of mine live out in the Colorado Springs area (non-hunters) and they are trying to talk me into moving out. It just seems kind strange to me that it's all done by a lottery. I guess I can understand for non-residents, but for residents????
I've lived in the east and hunted whitetails all my life, and I guess I'm just used to our game laws here. Go buy your license and go hunt. And if you are a land owner and are hunting on your own land, you don't even need a license.

And Howler, yes I agree, it wouldn't be my first choice for whitetails either, I was just wondering because you don't hear much about CO and whitetails. Elk, muley's and others get most of the attention.