HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Siting in new 30-06, MPBR? Who uses it?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2014, 05:40 PM
Streetdoctor
Spike

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
what I would do, to make sure your on target out to 200 yards, sight in like 1/2" high at 100, at less than 100 yards hold lower third of the vitals, at 100 to 150 hold mid-vitals, at 200 or there abouts hold upper third on the vitals.
the only way to build confidance in yourself and your equipment is to shoot, the more you shoot the better you'll get and the more confidant you will become.
RR
I have another question that pertains to shooting a lot that maybe you can answer. I'd obviously like to get out at least 5 or 6 more times before 1st rifle season (10/11).

I'd like to use Nosler 165gr. Accubonds to hunt with. I plan on setting up my zero with these. I don't reload. Is it possible to set my rifle up for this ammo but practice with cheaper 165gr core-lokts? I guess I don't know how big of a difference there is between the two rounds?

Also, if you're going to shoot 2 or 3 boxes of ammo do you clean your rifle in between?