HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Field Gun?
Thread: Field Gun?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 07:39 PM
miketodd58
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BuckDoeHunter

I'll be using the Nintendo 64 cal. with 120vac .5 amp...........OOOPPPSS....sorry wrong rifle

I'll be using my Knight Elite 45 cal with 120gr BH209 and a Barnes 195gr Expander with a Harvester smooth blue sabot. It will most likely be the Iowa late muzzleloader season.

The first season for hunting will be mid September for the Iowa youth hunt, which is my favorite time to be in the field. My son and daughter will be using the TC Impact with 60gr BH209 pushing a 250gr Barnes TMZ.

My 15yr old will be using his Triumph with 100gr BH209 and a 250gr Barnes TEZ with a Harvester smooth black sabot. He loves his rifle and is a crack shot in the field with it.

My older son and wife can pick and choose any rifle they want but I will recommend that they shoot my knight Elite with the combo posted above or the Apex with 110gr BH209 using a Barnes 250gr TEZ with the Harvester smooth black sabot.
It's almost painful seeing your son in those heavy winter clothes when the heat index was approaching 100 today. Hard to think about