HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Fixed Blade Broadheads
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2014, 04:59 PM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Kathwacckkk
I had my choice nailed down between SlickTrick standard 100 grain and Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain, when I made the switch from mechanicals a couple years ago. At the time, I went with the Muzzy's as they offered the practice blades in the pack and I could get 6 for the same price as 3 SlickTricks. It was nice to set all the broadheads up, shoot each arrow with the practice blades and then just switch out to hunting blades and new Trocar tips. I liked using the actual head with practice blades rather then field points.

I do not think you can make a bad choice with the ones mentnioed. Good luck and post stories and pictures of your success!
I used to use Muzzy 4 bladers but had a bad experience with them. I hit a buck perfectly 2" behind the leg crease waited 45 mins and started tracking it only to jump it after about 150 yards. I stopped and came back the next morning and found him. The arrow hit right where I aimed but hit a rib and made an almost 90 degree turn coming out in front of the opposite hip. I expected a double lung shot but ended up hitting only one lung and liver. It may have been just a fluke but I switched to 3 bladers as I believed that design would eliminate that from happening again.