HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dove hunting question (South Carolina)
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Topgun 3006
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Game Stalker
Your first statement is a blanket one and clearly wrong. It's required on WMA's. You went back to the reg.s later and discovered that.
So that requirement is for mourning dove which are migratory, not just for migratory waterfoul.

HIP is relative by extension.

This is one of the reasons I addressed the OP. Without meaning to, your blanket statement had the potential to get the man in trouble.
No one on this board knows everything, including those whom hunt an area. If I can help keep another hunter from trouble, I'll make such necessary statements again.
Sorry, but again you are incorrect with that statement. The WMA is not a Federal Regulation, but rather one made in that particular state under their laws and regulations. That's why your "blanket statement" regarding HIP and all mourning doves being under a nontoxic shot requirement is false! There has to be a specific requirement in a regulation or law for a particular area to require nontoxic shot, as there is no blanket requirement for doves like there is for migratory waterfowl. The only Federal requirement for dove hunting is to register under HIP.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-12-2014 at 10:05 AM.