HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Frustration, Please Help!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 05:14 PM
VTBoneCollector
Fork Horn

Has your boyfriend thought about getting contacts? When I first started to bow hunt, I had glasses and they would fog up. I switched to contacts and it's been good ever since. As far as sighting in your bows, you have to have good shooting form and repeat it every time. You have to make sure that you use the same anchor point. I always have the bow string touching the tip of my nose but you can also use a kisser button. And my knuckles are locked in behind my jaw bone. I use a thumb release and that has improved my shot groups, coupled with a drop away rest. When you release your arrow, don't drop your bow arm until you hear the arrow hit the target. That is very important. Like the people said before, go to a pro shop and get some help. The ones we have around here are crackpots, so I drive an hour away, just so I can get top notch service. I'm very fussy about my bow setup and feel everyone that bow hunts owes it to the game they hunt to make sure they are setup the best they can be. Good luck to you and your boyfriend.