HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Doe application due
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 04:38 PM
hatchet jack
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dougl
If there's no hunters,how are they being overharvested?

I live on the border of 2G/2H where's there's supposedly no deer.We have less dpsm than almost any part of the state and my kids and I will fill at least 10 tags without feeling a tiny bit of guilt.The habitat was trashed in this part of the state and it's making big gains in recovery.There's no pressure on public land and now isn't the time to increase the herd a great deal to loose what we've gained with the habitat.
There not being overharvested they were overharvested. Thats why the Hunter numbers have been down in the last 5 years or so. Thats part of the reason the Deer are starting to make a comeback in the State Forest/SGL I hunt in Pike Co. I know what your saying about the habitat and the amount of Deer per Sq mile thats a fact. I still think the PGC went overboard with the amount of Doe tags and the 2 week Doe fest during Buck season. They Had Gary Alt sell us a bag of goods/ BS Deer plan . I agree something had to be done. They should of went about it with a REAL Deer Doctor not some front Man/Bear Biologist and more scientifically. It was a knee Jerk reaction by the PGC and it was wrong.

Hatchet Jack