HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looks like I'm going to Alberta!!
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 03:45 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Default Looks like I'm going to Alberta!!

I was just asked yesterday what I had planned in the end of Oct-beginning of Nov. by one of my fellow workers. We have worked together for now going on 15yrs. I said, "nothing, why?" He said that he was going back to Alberta during this time and wanted to know if I wanted to go along!!! I said "Heck Yeah!!!" He said he does it for $500 for a week, including fuel, lisc and food!!!! He stays at some friends, hunts in their back yard basically, and the wife does all the cooking!!!!
We have waterfowl hunted together a few times in the past, but I have never been asked like this before from him. He goes 2-3 times a year. To top that off, he is going to be taking his Lab female who just got her Master field certificate, (I am not exactly sure which he said it was, just its a very prestigious award for field trials!?!?!) this past few weeks and he is taking her along. So I get to watch her do her thing!!!!! Can't wait to go!!!!! Been a long time since I have been up there banging honkers. He wants to hunt Giants mainly. I said they all go "Flop" on the ground!!!!!!!