HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deep South Hunting Report
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 12:51 PM
Tomster

Default RE: Deep South Hunting Report

Sweetwater,

If I used a chainsaw on a few limbs near my stand just before sitting in it hunting, I probably would not see any deer there either. I only work on my blinds or stands weeks or months before I plan on using them, therefore I don' t spook them off and they get use to any changes I make. Also, is your stand near a funnel, some natural food source, or between bedding or feeding areas? Have you seen deer near there before? Have you shot deer from it before? Are you grunting or rattling? Do you use scents like doe in heat? I have a friend that has been hunting for several years now and he just goes in the woods and climbs a tree and expects to see deer. Well so far he has had no luck. I have gotten deer for the last four years and I try to help him but he is stubborn.

Also, I am from the North or a Yankee and I take exception to the statement that southern deer are smarter than other deer. Do you know this from experience hunting in other areas of the county? Your reference to a hard working injun is also inappropiate. I am part indian as well as several other nationalities and I resent the statement you have made.

If you want some words of sympathy, than try crying on your pillow. Also respect has to be earned and can not be DEMANDED. f you truely are the president, I know I did not vote you in and whoever did, needs there head examined.

Tomster